So yesterday CBSSports.com video coordinator/jack of all trades/generally good guy Eric Kay asked me and desk neighbor Sid Saraf to come up with some Super Bowl predictions for something called the 'mobile site' (I think he made that up to make it look like he does more work).
Since this 'mobile site' doesn't really exist and nobody will ever get to see this, here are my predictions for Super Bowl XLII:
- Coin toss: Patriots win coin toss, defer and kick off … leading to ….
- First to score: Domenick Hixon, opening kickoff for TD.
- MVP: Laurence Maroney – 18 carries, 138 yards, two touchdowns in second half as Patriots kill the clock.
- Final score: Patriots 35, Giants 13 (14-13 at halftime, Patriots pull away in third quarter).
- Total interceptions thrown: Four – three by Eli, one by Brady.
- Touchdowns by people named Moss: Two, both by Randy. Pats midget CBs wish Sinorice would play more, since he’s the only guy they can look down on.
- Number of field goals: Two, both by Lawrence Tynes.
- Best commercial: GoDaddy.com (best commercial means closest to nudity, right?)
- Chicken wings or pizza: Wings and pizza, but if I have to choose, make it 30 of Bru’s Room’s finest. Hot, with the bleu cheese, celery and carrot fixins.